A list of
snarfs between my house in Burke, VA and Potomac Mills Mall
Before the Occoquan Bridge--
1. Occoquan Workhouse (E-61) – On Ox Rd near Lorton on Lorton Road. Turn onto Lorton Road at the (almost hidden from the road) entrance to the Fairfax County Water Authority’s Griffith Water Treatment Plant. Marker is on the right just before the gate. There’s room to stop the car & park by the gate.
2. Lorton Nike Missile Site (E-97)- On Lorton on Furnace Road 0.4 miles west of Lorton Road. On the right when traveling east. There’s a pull off next to the sign where you can park.
After the Occoquan Bridge--
1. The Chinn Family - On Minnieville Road at Old Bridge Rd. It is at the side of the bus stops of the park-and-ride lot across from Tackett's Mill Shopping Center.
2. Washington’s First Journey to the Frontier- in Tackett’s Mill Shopping Center, next to The Old Mill. To reach it, enter the shopping center via Tackett’s Mill Drive by turning west from Minnieville Road and continue left into the old, blue shopping center area.
3. Old Telegraph Road- On Potomac Mills Circle New Bidderford Road. On the left when traveling north on Potomac Mills Circle. Near the Ikea. Next to an old cemetery.
4. Old Bethel High School – On Smoketown Road east of Minnieville Road. On the right when traveling east. At a gas station/lube place. Park in that parking lot.
5. Russell House and Store - On Minnieville Road north of Prince William Parkway. On the right when traveling north. In front of the restaurant/grill. Park in the parking lot.
6. Glascock Cemetery (Oak Hill)- On Minnieville Road north of Prince William Parkway. On the left when traveling north. Park at the church before you get to the sign (not on the side of Prince William County Parkway, like I did!)